We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Can't get the ivr to say a string of digits

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

neilstebbing

Can't get the ivr to say a string of digits

Post by neilstebbing »

i am trying to have the ivr repeat what the user entered/said back to the user but it keeps saying it as a number like 123 million instead of 123...I tried putting a type on the field tag and i tried all the interpret-as options but none work. I guess i'm doing something wrong? Any tips on how to debug or on any other options i may have?

support

Re: Can't get the ivr to say a string of digits

Post by support »

Hi Neil,

If you want a number to be read as individual digits, you should use the <say as> tag. Depending on which TTS engine you are using, you will want to either specify the type as "acronym" or "digits". You can find some documentation on the different TTS engines here. Here is an example for both the AT&T Natural Voices and Cepstral Swift TTS engines:

Code: Select all

<?php
header("Content-type: text/xml");
echo("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n");
?>
<vxml version="2.0">
  <form>
    <block>
      <prompt>
        The number is:
        <say-as type="acronym">
        </say-as>
      </prompt>
    </block>
  </form>
</vxml>

For the RealSpeak engine, you would simply change the <say as> tag to the following:

Code: Select all

<say as type="digits">

You can find the information regarding which TTS engines you are using by logging into your hosting account and going to Account Settings > Account Configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support