We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Problem in Sumbit a form

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

reu

Problem in Sumbit a form

Post by reu »

Hi,

I am trying to post variables to a php file in my server for database updation. But it seems to be not working and there is no submit tag i found when i verify the calllog. The submit code is placed in the last section of my vxml , i think the call section is cutoff before the <submit> code execution. How I can maintain the executing of vxml to the end of my code. Please clarify how i can handle this.I am working in OUTBOUND calls.

Following is the code i used,(posting code)
<?php
if($st_calleetype<>"")
{$st_calleetype="1111";}
?>
<assign name="currentconnected" expr="1"/>
<assign name="call_response" expr="0"/>
<assign name="seniorconnected" expr="1"/>
<assign name="st_calleetype" expr="<?php echo($st_calleetype);?>"/>
<assign name="st_call_id" expr="<?php echo($st_call_id);?>"/>
<assign name="calllog_id" expr="<?php echo($calllog_id);?>"/>
<submit next="http://www.abc.com/ivr/indexproc.php" method="post"
namelist="call_response seniorconnected currentconnected st_calleetype st_call_id calllog_id"
fetchtimeout="60s"/>
</block>

Database updation code indexproc.php file.
<?php
if(isset($_POST['currentconnected']) && $_POST['currentconnected']<2)
{
$sub_sql="update calllog_temp set senior_connected=$_POST[seniorconnected],
senior_response=$_POST[call_response],senior_calleetype='$_POST[st_calleetype]',
pulmcall_id=$_POST[st_call_id] where calllog_id=$_POST[calllog_id]";
$sub_result=mysql_query($sub_sql) or die(mysql_error());
}

My Queries are,

1.How we can ensure the execution of our code completely even if the callee cut the phone off.? Please suggest a method for this?

2.In the start_url,the posting variable "callee_type" by plum is found to be "nonapplicable" instead of the values "voice or answeringmachine" specified in your tutorial? Why this happening, please provide the complete tutorial.

3. How i can ensure that the result url is working properly? any log is available? Presently I have added a result url(php file) for updating the status of call, but some of the posted variables such as result,callee_type,attempts from plum server is not returing the values specified in the tutorial.Please clarify?.

4.The output of speech engine works varying speed in each time?I used <voice name="anjali" gender="female" age="18">
<prosody volume="loud" rate="90"> for my text to speech? I want a pleasing lady voice with minimal understandable speed?
Which valuses can i use for geting my requirement?
:?
PLEASE NOT THAT THIS ARE SO URGENT FOR ME TO PRCEED WITH MY DEVELOPMENT,SO I EXPECT A REPLY ASAP.
:)
Thanking You
Reu

support

execute IVR code <catch event="connection.disconnect

Post by support »

1. You can execute IVR code even after a caller hangs up by <catch>ing the disconnect event with <catch event="connection.disconnect">.

2. We are currently tweaking our callee type detection engine. On a failure condition, callee_type will still return the cause of failure (busy, noanswer, fax, or operator). On a successful connection, it will no longer return voice or answeringmachine. This detection capability will be reimplemented next quarter.

3. The result URL will call the URL you specify and return the variables specified in the IVR outbound reference: http://www.plumvoice.com/docs/dev/plumd ... nddevguide What values are being returned for result, callee_type, and attempts for you?

4. A "pleasing" voice is a fairly subjective judgment. I would suggest experimenting with different settings until you find the one you want. We always use the default settings and find the voice perfectly satisfactory for our and our customer's purposes. You, of course, may not have the same experience.
Last edited by support on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

reu

Value returns to result url

Post by reu »

Thanks for your reply.

Point 3# The value return to result url are

result ="",callee_type="nonapplicable",
last_attempt_timestamp invalid datetime.

Thanks
Reu

support

IVR outbound account info needed

Post by support »

Please email me us your IVR outbound account information at support@plumvoice.com with your customer number in the subject line and we'll be better able to assist you. This may require some direct IVR log inspection. We'll then post the results here.