We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Application access

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

aosipov

Application access

Post by aosipov »

Hi,
I have a hosted account, wanted to know if it was possible to specify a username and password for the URL if the file is password protected?

I do not want the files (xml) to be accessible to the public. As another question, are GET requests for the XML fiels from hosted.plumgroup.com to my web server within a certain ip block? If it is I would like to restrict access to the specific ip range.

Please let me know any other measures I can take at protecting my application from the public from access points other than the incoming calls.

Thank you

Alex Osipov

support

Plum's IVR system's IP Address block

Post by support »

Hello,

Plum does not support standard HTTP Authentication for start URLs. However, your suggestion of adding GET requests for the XML fields should provide sufficient protection from external access to these files. If you make certain GET arguments a requirement for your pages no one will be able to access them.

Also, as you suggested IP blocking, will further restrict access to these files. Please contact Support for the information. Thank you.

Hope This Helps!

Plum Support