We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

<record> question

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jcanter

<record> question

Post by jcanter »

I have an application in which I would like to capture recordings. In my root document I am catching connection.disconnect.hangup so that I can log calls to a database after they complete. I would also like to save and recorded audio I have. The issue that I am having is that if the caller hangups during the <record> phase of the call, I cannot capture any audio they have saved. If I try to use a <catch> in the <form> that I do the recording so that I can save the audio, the system never completes the root document logging. If I try to save the audio at the end of the call when I do the database logging, the system has deleted the temp file that the recording is stored in, so I cannot capture the audio that way. What is the proper way to handle this problem?

support

IVR issue with root <catch> not executing

Post by support »

If I understand your IVR problem correctly, when you catch the disconnect in your form handler, the root <catch> doesn't get executed and when you try to catch the disconnect in the root doc, the recording is no longer available to be uploaded. I believe you can put a <throw event="connection.disconnect.hangup"> in the form-level <catch> that, after uploading a recording, passes the disconnect event on to the root document.
Last edited by support on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jcanter

Post by jcanter »

Doing this does not seem to work.

Code: Select all

Wed 16 Feb 2005 05:16:13 PM EST (000009;001;1108590677) [vxi] EVENT: VXI::throw_element - throwing (connection.disconnect.hangup, )
Wed 16 Feb 2005 05:16:13 PM EST (000009;001;1108590677) [vxi] ERROR: Max Disconnect Count Exceeded