We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Outbound Tools

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

sdstuder

Outbound Tools

Post by sdstuder »

I have developed a proof of concept basic outbound calling system using Plum Outbound calling and MS ASP as part of a trial process.

The system consists of a series of independent dialogs. After the user completes each dialog, Plum goes back to my ASP application to get the next VXML dialog. I assume this is a fairly basic pattern.

As part of this proof of concept, I relied on the environment variables session.telephone.ani and session.telephone.dnis.

Within the last several weeks, it appears to me that the behavior of the system has changed in that the session.telephone.ani variable no longer contains the phone number of the person being called for outbound calls. This change has subsequently broken the way I performed session management within my ASP page.

So, my questions are:
1) Has there been a change to the session.telephone.dnis variable on the outbound calling system within the plum hosted environemtn within the last several weeks.
2) Where do I look to learn more about the maintenance/upgrade activities for the outbound system.
3) Is there an environment variable I should use for tracking the callernum in outbound calls.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best Regards,
scott studer

support

set session.telephone.ani for IVR outbound calls

Post by support »

Hello,

You should not rely on session.telephone.dnis as it is not guaranteed to be consistent for IVR outbound calls. However, session.telephone.ani should be set, this failure is a regression bug in the latest version of the IVR platform. Plum will be providing minor patches for the hosted VoiceXML systems to resolve this and other regression bugs discovered over the next few weeks. Expect this one to be resolved in the next week.

All intended changes to the outbound IVR system and APIs will be posted on the support forum in the "Release News" section. Also, all paying customers are made aware of IVR platform updates and api changes several weeks in advance and are provided with additional test numbers to verify their applications on the next release before it goes into production.

Finally, there are no extra environment variables set for IVR outbound calls. However, the phone number is posted to the start_url along with the other variables specified in the Outbound HTTP API Reference.

Hope this helps!
Plum Support