We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

serious bad error of type bad error

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

john_flanagan

serious bad error of type bad error

Post by john_flanagan »

hello,

I am working on a web based User Interface that utilizes the Plum Outbound HTTP API. my post is successful and i get back an xml fragment that looks like this.

<queuecall status="queued" call_id="271067">
<login>???????</login>
<pin>???????</pin>
<phone_number>?????????????</phone_number>
<start_url>http://69.249.89.201/hotcartest/hello.xml</start_url>
<max_retries>1</max_retries>
<retry_interval>60</retry_interval>
<expiration_timestamp>1122909424</expiration_timestamp>
<expiration_time>Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:17:04 -0400</expiration_time>
</queuecall>

i have replaced the login, pin, and phone number values with question marks.

but when the phone rings i get a "serious error of type fetch bad error" or something along those lines. How can i trouble shoot this issue.

Thanks in advance

support

IVR outbound call help for page not accepting the POST

Post by support »

Hello,

When the plum IVR outbound system connects to a caller it performs a HTTP POST to your IVR application. It is likely that your page is simply not accepting the POST and is returning an error message. In order to find the page that is being returned by your application server you can check the "Last Call" IVR log from the plum IVR hosting interface on the "Call Activity" page. Once you are looking at the last call log for your IVR outbound call you can view the document returned by your script by clicking on the yellow "Click here to view saved VoiceXML script" link. This is the document that was returned by your web server and should give you a better idea of what you need to do to fix the problem.

Hope This Helps!
Plum Support