We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Having trouble posting a var using the Data tag..

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

robbiesullivan

Having trouble posting a var using the Data tag..

Post by robbiesullivan »

Using the following syntax, I'm receiving an error back when trying to post a VAR declared in my vxml. I can post a filled Field varaiable fine, but when I try the <var> type I receive the following error:

errmsg uncaught exception: [object Object] line 0 linetxt tokentxt

<var name="myVar" expr="1" />

<data name="myData" method="post" src="http://tester.com/tester.asmx/SendInfo" namelist="myVar"/>

Any assistance would be appriciated.
Thanks,
Rob

support

error due to IVR system fetching an invalid XML document

Post by support »

Hello,

The IVR error you are seeing is likely the result of the IVR system fetching an invalid XML document. If you attempt to fetch the URL and include the get variable what are you receiving in you browser? First confirm that it is a valid XML file. If it is please post the minimum XML here that is still causing an IVR error.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

robbiesullivan

Post by robbiesullivan »

The returned value is a valid xml document in the format of
<string>fdgfd</string>

I also put some logging into my webservice to validate that when the call is occuring from the vml using a VAR it doesn't actually get into the webservice. This leads me to belive that the information is not being posted properly.

The strange thing is when the post is being done using a FIELD type varaible the post ocurs just fine.

Any thing else I can do to help dignose the problem. I need to be get this resolved quickly.

thanks for any assistance.
rob

robbiesullivan

Post by robbiesullivan »

solved it ... one of my variables was a integer. I had to convet it to a string inorder to pass it through to the namelist.