We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Plum SMS Outbound Result URL

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jwsturg

Plum SMS Outbound Result URL

Post by jwsturg »

Hello:

When should I expect the result_url sent to PLUM during a sms message queue to receive a message? It is not happening at all, confirmed by looking at IIS logs and not POST messages sent to the result_url.

Texts are confirmed as sent by looking at plum voice logs, and the result_url is populated in the logs, and is the correct url.

John
Last edited by jwsturg on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

support

Re: Plum Texting Outbound Result URL

Post by support »

Thank you for helping us discover a bug in our code. We have pushed the fix to production. Please let us know if you continue to run into this issue and we apologize for the inconvenience.

jwsturg

Re: Plum SMS Outbound Result URL

Post by jwsturg »

Thanks!! I will monitor this evening when the process is scheduled to run and let you know!

John

jwsturg

Post by jwsturg »

Hello:

An update for you. I have been monitoring this for a week or so. It appears that callbacks are now happening, but there seems to be inconsistency in the form variables being posted. I do not appear to always be getting the message id and it's status from the callback, resulting in "missing" correlations in my database. I am thinking this may be because the message is getting split into two messages. I only store the message id for the first message as that is what I get from the REST call. If the callback is sending me the second message id, I cannot use that...I need to have the callback for the first message, or ALL messages, as sent by PLUM...

So to summarize, the calls appear to be happening, but the call back seems to pick and choose the message id it will return if the message as sent is split on the backend...

John

support

Post by support »

We haven't been able to reproduce this bug. When messages are over 160 characters, the carrier automatically splits the message into multiple messages. Both messages will call the result URL, as if they were sent individually.

Do you only ever getting one message ID per outbound SMS request sent? Or do you sometimes get two? If you only get one, does it switch back and forth between the first message ID and the second message ID?