We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Transfer reporting

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

todd_russell

Transfer reporting

Post by todd_russell »

Hi,
I'm trying to track transfer counts but I'm having a problem because of the way I've set up my application. Instead of .vxml file for the entire application I've separated it out into functional areas (caller_identfy.vxml, process_payment.vxml, etc). root is just the controller. Anyway, because of my design, all of my transfer events are being counted towards my 'operator_transfer.vxml' page. What I really need is the referring page to track it. I'd like not to have to embed my transfer logic into every page within my application.

Thoughts? Would love to take advantage of the VoiceTrends for this reporting.

Also - If I look at the 'Diagnostic Flow - Transfers' I see so many different flows. How do I read this to make it meaningful for understanding Transfers?

support

Re: Transfer reporting

Post by support »

Hi,

How you've set up your application pages shouldn't make much of a difference in this case. We've taken a look at your transfer graph in Voicetrends and it does appear to make some sense with what you've described (granted we are not familiar with the details of your application). The way these graphs work is that the thickness of the paths between the form items, or nodes, in the graph represent the frequency of the event (transfer, nomatch, noinput, etc). The graphs read left to right, left representing the entry point into your application and then the branching of nodes represents the most common path callers are taking through your application. When you see a thicker line, this indicates more frequent events. Looking at your transfer graph, we see transfers occurring from the following points:

payment.full.confirm.vxml
balance.lookup.vxml
payment.one-off.card.confirm.vxml
caller.identify.vxml

It appears as though these script are all directing to your operator.transfer.vxml script, which seems to line up with what you have described. That appears to indicate that the only transfers that occurred in your application most commonly, were coming from these scripts and directing to your operator script to carry out the transfer.

Hopefully that helps and lines up with your expectations for your application, but if you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
Plum Support