We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Calleetype recognition problems

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

nevenfi

Calleetype recognition problems

Post by nevenfi »

I noticed that a call is often recognized as an answering machine call, while it is actually a voice call. This happens almost every time when I answer the phone without saying anything. If I answer the call and I make some noise (or say hello), the call is correctly recognized as a voice call.

This problem is that customers that often use this service, will recognize the number and know that it is an automatic call (a lot of phones show the number nowadays, not only mobile phones), and they will probably pick up the phone without saying anything.

It is important for our service to be able to recognize when an answering machine responds, because in case of voice, a confirmation from the user is requested.

Is there anything that can be done to improve this?

support

IVR platform callee type detection is not 100% accurate

Post by support »

Hi,

Using the IVR platform callee type detection is not 100% accurate. The behavior of callee type detection is designed to detect typical scenarios for a human voice or an answering machine. Usually, when humans answer the phone, they say a "hello", which gets recognized as "voice" by callee type detection. Aside from this scenario, it is difficult for the callee type detection to determine whether an IVR call is "voice" or "answeringmachine".

Regards,
Plum Support