We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Adress database you're comparing against?

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

Lars

Adress database you're comparing against?

Post by Lars »

Hi,

I'm new to your application but obtaining full address (zip/city/state/street) is critical for our application.

I've read your docs re: ordering these, and am following this (zip <digits> => City/State => Street but am having the following problem:

No matter whether I set the compare/lookup variable on the Street module to zip OR city/state, my personal home address fails. Other addresses on the street work, as do other addresses I've tried in the same city.

Your voice processing is quite good/accurate, so I don't think this is the problem. I'm wondering if perhaps your compare DB (quora, whitepages API, USPS, UPS) somehow doesn't have my address listed. Though it's a 50 y/o house and i've never run into this in 10+ years of living here.

My concern here of course is what % of the US may be impacted in a live environment w/ really no way to test.

Do you mind sharing what DB(s) you're using so I can see if this is a voice recognition issue or perhaps a supplier?

My other consideration was to completely re: build the address capture, use the google maps API to verify, and then within the zip if what Plum/we think the user said for Street isn't found possibly build logic to compare and return the closest.

This sounds like an absolute nightmare and I"d like to avoid at all costs. :)

Any help in case I'm doing something stupid/wrong would be great, I cannot see within the JSON logs what the address that's failing was processed/'heard' by the system though I can see once the address works so I am unable to tell at which point things are breaking.

Thanks, your product is very well done! 8)

support

Re: Adress database you're comparing against?

Post by support »

Our street address DB is based on USPS's data. If you are comfortable sharing this data, please PM us the address you are trying to match and we will investigate why it cannot be found.

Lars

Post by Lars »

support wrote:Our street address DB is based on USPS's data. If you are comfortable sharing this data, please PM us the address you are trying to match and we will investigate why it cannot be found.
PM sent. Thanks for your reply.

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

What's the word on this? I too am having the same problem. Mind if I pm you my problem address?

support

Post by support »

Yes, please post it here, or if you are uncomfortable sharing the address on a public forum, please PM us.