We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Questions about custom fields

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

Lars

Questions about custom fields

Post by Lars »

Hi,

I'm trying to create 2 custom fields to prompt the user and capture alpha numeric data.

I'm actually doing this to avoid using your default address inputs, which I created a prior ticket about, as I also want to support international addresses.

I'm confused as to how I'd accomplish this with SRGS+XML grammar.

Here's a link to a screenshot of what I'm trying to do:

https://www.evernote.com/l/AEfGZY8m4qlJ ... JSYcQPpZZU

Any example grammer you could provide for a custom field would help. Both of these would be spoken inputs from the user.

Thanks,
Lars

support

Re: Questions about custom fields

Post by support »

It seems like you want open ended data collection, which is impossible for VXML grammars. If you want to build your own address grammars, instead of collecting data and passing it to a 3rd party API, you need to first call your 3rd party API to gather all possible addresses, and then build a grammar based on that.

Every country's address system is different, so you'll have to determine what is the best way to determine how to divide up the country, whether it's based on postal code, province, region, subregion, district, city, community, etc.

Lars

Post by Lars »

support wrote:It seems like you want open ended data collection, which is impossible for VXML grammars. If you want to build your own address grammars, instead of collecting data and passing it to a 3rd party API, you need to first call your 3rd party API to gather all possible addresses, and then build a grammar based on that.

Every country's address system is different, so you'll have to determine what is the best way to determine how to divide up the country, whether it's based on postal code, province, region, subregion, district, city, community, etc.
AH- ok this makes more sense. So the laymen way to think of this is essentially:

VXML grammar shows available options - the user's speech is then matched to the closest listed option?

This all seems very doable and would allow skipping the state question entirely for me as well as standardizing the address formatting via a 3rd party API that I'm using.

The one piece that I can't get my head around how I'd handle are sub-address info. ie apt/unit/floor/etc designations and related alpha-numeric entries. (i.e. Apt B5)

Would the approach here be to compile a grammar which is a list of every possible combination of this addresses unit/suite numbers?

Does your built in address capture fields include this for apartments/buildings?

Thanks

support

Post by support »

If you know something will be digits only, than that part is simple enough. However, there is no open ended alphanumeric collection. You will have to know all possible unit/suite numbers and include them in your grammar.

We do not have an address grammar that includes apartment numbers. We only have built in street address grammars.

Lars

Post by Lars »

Thank you