We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Wait prompt

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

jverweij

Wait prompt

Post by jverweij »

What is the best way to allow a user to place the IVR on hold and then press 1 to continue? We have a prompt that asks for the right person and if they need to get that person to the phone we let them press 1. For example: "Okay. If they’re available and can come to the phone, press 1 and I’ll wait. If you can take a message for them to call us back, press 2" >>> press 1 "Great! I’ll wait. The phone will be on hold. To continue with the call, press 1."

I'm using a yes/no prompt for "to continue with call, press 1" . I'd like to allow that hold time to be at least 120 seconds, but I don't see where I can set that. I looked at using the initial input timeout setting but setting that to 120 causes an error.
Is there a way workaround to accomplish what we're trying to do?

support

Re: Wait prompt

Post by support »

The best way to do this is to use the record module. Set up a record module with the prompt: "Great! I’ll wait. The phone will be on hold. To continue with the call, press 1." Under the module's settings, turn "Play Beep" off and set "final silence" and "max length" to be the same (120 seconds or more).

This will record the time while the user is asking for the right person, but just disregard the recording and it is automatically deleted at the end of the call.

jverweij

Post by jverweij »

That doesn't seem to be working. I have a wait step configured with the content "Great! I’ll wait. The phone will be on hold. To continue with the call, press 1." What triggers the app to move to the next module based on the 1 input that could come at any point up to 120 seconds?

support

Post by support »

Yes, so once the caller hits the record module, it will record for 120 seconds or until the user presses any button. Please make sure to also turn on "Show Custom Errors" so you can make sure the no input and default paths go to the same module.