We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Please help with the following

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

herzow

Please help with the following

Post by herzow »

I need to accomplish two more things.

1. In the code below when I play the machine message I need to implement a "finalsilence" somehow so that I leave the message on a machine.

2. In the code below when I play the regular message I need to learn how to do a transer to another number. Like a press 1 to transfer to xxx-xxx-xxxx or press 2 to transfer to xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I appreciate the help. It's important for me to figure this out by Monday.

-Bill

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<vxml version="2.0">
<form>
<field name="myprompt" type="digits">
<grammar type="application/x-jsgf" mode="dtmf">(0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|"#"|"*")</grammar>
<prompt timeout="4s" bargein="false">Hello you have an important message from Contractor Management Services. Please press 1 to continue.</prompt>
<filled>
<if cond="myprompt==0 || myprompt==1 || myprompt==2 || myprompt==3 || myprompt==4 || myprompt==5 || myprompt==6 || myprompt==7 || myprompt==8 || myprompt==9 || myprompt=='*' || myprompt=='#'">
This is the Regular Message
<else />
This is the Machine Message
</if>
</filled>
<noinput>This is the Machine Message</noinput>
</field>
</form>
</vxml>

support

IVR code suggestion for leaving voicemail

Post by support »

Hi,

We would recommend playing the message you want to play on the answering machine in your introduction IVR tag, <prompt>, to ensure that it gets left on the voicemail.

IVR example:

leavemsg.php:

Code: Select all

<?php
header("Content-type: text/xml");
echo("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n");
?>
<vxml version="2.0">
<property name="inputmodes" value="dtmf"/>

<form id="message">
<field name="leavemsg">
<grammar type="application/x-jsgf" mode="dtmf">(0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|"#"|"*")</grammar>

<prompt>
Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment. Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment. Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment. Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment. Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment.
</prompt>

<filled>
<prompt>
Here is a different message that should be played to a human.
</prompt>
<goto next="#confirmtransfer"/>
</filled>

</field>
</form>

<form id="confirmtransfer">
<field name="leavemsg">
<grammar type="application/x-jsgf" mode="dtmf">1</grammar>

<prompt>
Would you like to be tranferred? Press 1 for yes.
</prompt>

<filled>
<prompt>
Okay, please hold while we transfer you.
</prompt>
<goto next="#maketransfer"/>
</filled>
</field>
</form>

<form id="maketransfer">
<transfer dest="tel:+1XXXXXXXXXX"/>
</form>

</vxml>
From this IVR example, the outbound IVR call will leave a voicemail that keeps on repeating the prompt, "Hi. This is an application from CMS. Please press 1 to continue. Please remember to call the phone number listed in your e-mail to reserve your appointment." if no one picks up and enters 1 on their phone keypad.

If the IVR outbound call is picked up by a human and the human presses 1 on their phone keypad, then a different message will be played and the human will be prompted to enter 1 on their phone keypad if they want to be transferred.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support